My lovely-ist of friends, EMMA, just emailed me this week & said that she was going to try & come visit me. Now, Emma and I go way back and have been friends since we first met in a Jerusalem Study abroad back in 1997. Halfway through our semester, we switched our religion teachers and I got Emma's dad for New Testament. And better yet, I got to know Emma. We became instant buddies and got into lots of mischief together. She has a better memory of all the trouble that we caused but I just remember laughing hysterically to the point of near death with her. I also got to room with her while we were in Galilee. As well as room with another partner in crime, Erin, and "the Canadian". Emma & I recently found each other on Facebook & she posted these pictures on her blog months and months ago. And since she got this idea that she was coming to visit little ol' me in my mind, I'm getting SUPER DUPER EXCITED so I'd thought I'd post some pictures of us that I pirated from her blog. Yep, Emma, you have to come NOW!!!
Our inglorious mischief:
Me, Emma and Erin desecrating a confessional.
A sacrificial altar somewhere in the wilderness of the Holy Land.
Eating our Thanksgiving dinner together.
And my all time favorite...Emma & I on the swing.
Swimming at a beautiful place around Galilee. Don't we look young & sexy!
One night, we vandalized our bungalows in Galilee by ripping up all the guest washclothes to make hair ties to curl our hair. And curl it did. So much that we brushed it all out just to enjoy afro puffs the next day. So, we hid our hair with ponytails.
So, my walk down memory lane is over. Now that I have a child in afternoon Kindergarten, I have WAY TOO MUCH time on my hands. This is what I'm doing today instead of cleaning my house. But, thanks Emma for giving me my own blog post, ya know back in January. I thought I'd return the favor. Especially since I really really want to visit with you. Hope you can make it.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Emma Celebration Day
Posted by
Smith Clan
at
10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What wonderful and precious photos of your Jerusalem time! I am so glad for your friend Emma. Where does she live now? You sure look cute in these pictures! It was how many years ago?
These pictures are hilarious! I never realized how much Caleb looks like YOU!! To me at least:-).
I hope you have so much fun!
Hooray! I love that I got my own blog post! I know you're skeptical, but I'm totally coming this time. In two weeks, we'll have the reunion of a lifetime.:-) I've never stopped adoring my Hannah and can't wait to see you soon!
You don't know me. Okay, that's always a nice way to begin a comment, huh?! :)
Anyway, my name is Angee, and I blog at Dresses 'n Messes. I like to see who is visiting my blog so sometimes I take a gander at the links on my stats. I noticed yours and took a look today! And I had to write because one of your Jerusalem pictures includes my cousin, Sarah Moffatt. You two totally went to Jerusalem together, I take it!
I just thought it was bizarre so I wanted to share! Hope you don't mind! :)
Post a Comment